When you’re looking for a great return on your investment, look no further than a fixed-term deposit. Unlike shares, stocks, or standard savings accounts, this easy-as investment option works harder to offer kiwis like you the maximum possible return on the money you make today, for the future you’ll be living tomorrow.
In fact, there’s never been a better time to invest your hard-earned savings with credit unions like Unity, who currently offers some of the highest returns on investment in New Zealand.
With great rates like these, what kind of return can you expect on your investment? To find out, simply use the investment rates listed below:
Things you should know about investment rates and your returns
- Interest is calculated on a daily basis
- Investors are advised of their options prior to maturity
- Interest can be paid at regular intervals (monthly or quarterly) or on maturity to any account of your choice.
- Maximum deposit $1 million per member
- Minimum deposit is $1,000 for adults and $500 for children under 18 years old
- These are indicative rates only and may be subject to change without notice
- If an early withdrawal is approved by Unity, a reduced rate of interest will apply as follows:
- If a term deposit is withdrawn, in full or in part, within the first 30 days, 0% interest will be applied to the withdrawn portion.
- Where the term deposit is withdrawn, in full or in part, before the maturity date but after the first 30 days, a reduced interest rate will be applied calculated using the advertised rate at the time the term deposit was opened, for the actual term the money was invested (as determined at our discretion), less 2%. The applicable interest rate will not reduce below 0%.
Ready to invest with us?
If you are already a Unity member then you can apply for a term deposit through your internet banking. Don't have internet banking? Then sign up here.
Want to know your options?
Learn about fixed-term deposits